Turmeric Is Powerful
Turmeric tea is a popular beverage throughout Asia and is known by some as “liquid gold.” Turmeric benefits are primarily due to its active compound called curcumin.
Some people have not ever heard about Turmeric, it is a resembling ginger but orange color anti inflammatory root. With it’s anti anti inflammatory properties it helps to fight arthritis as well. I have some clients in the massage office, here in Burlington, VT, that have arthritis issues. So I thought I’ll share this recipe.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
- a cup of coconut milk
- a cup of water
- a tablespoon of ghee
- a tablespoon of honey
- one teaspoon turmeric (powder or grated root)
- Pour coconut milk and water into the saucepan and warm for 2 minutes.
- Add in butter, raw honey and turmeric powder for another 2 minutes.
- Stir and pour into glasses.
Other Way To Use Turmeric
For what ever reason you would like to add turmeric into your diet you can purchase fresh turmeric root, which is usually located next to ginger at the grocery stores, powder(usually found in ethnic stores) or tablets as well. As a spice it is quite potent and unless you are a good cook it might ruin your food. I personally use the Turmeric tablets sometimes to boost my immune system at the times where maybe I am working more and or not getting wrought of sleep, traveling etc. And it does help, I can see on my skin, if I haven’t rested enough, however thankfully turmeric helps to reduce that effect of stress and tiredness.
Here is also more anti-flammatory essential oils that can help arthritis:
- CBD Oil aka Hemp Oil, not to be confused help seed oil and it is not THC psyhoactive oil either. Read more here. -available in my office at Brilliant Massage Therapy, Burlington, VT
- Ginger oil
- Turmeric oil
- Frankincense oil – available in my office at Brilliant Massage Therapy, Burlington, VT
- Myrrh oil
- Orange oil- available in my office at Brilliant Massage Therapy, Burlington, VT
*I have more oils available at my office for various different purposes, inquire if interested.
-Jolita Brilliant, Your LMT in Burlington Vermont