Why I Love Turmeric! Number One Remedy For Boils, Skin and Over All Super Food!
Hello my friends, yesterday I had a chance to stop by by Authentic Indian Store (next to the Raw Food Restaurant Caravan Of Dreams, highly reccomend those who are in NYC, visit! They have great Smoothies!). I was happy to find Fresh Turmeric Root! I use dried turmeric all the time, I use it for raw soups, salads. But nothing can compare to the fresh counterpart! Indians been using this Super Root as well as Ginger for ages. And I can atest it really works! Turmeric takes away boils in acouple of days, as none anti biotics can help, I used to have boild before I became raw, my immune system was doen and turmeric would stop a boil immediatelly and it would go away without developing further, wherther anti biotics never helped me. As
Here are 20 reasons to add this spice to your diet:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.
Once you start using turmeric on a regular basis, it’s fun to find new ways to use it in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to egg salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow hue.
Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.
Benefits Source: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html