Top 5 Couch Mood-Boosting Activities
It sounds like a joke. You rarely hear the words’ mood boosting’ and ‘couch’ together, but after a long hard day, too many of us collapse onto our sofas, exhausted or in a bad mood from whatever stresses our busy day has handed us. Here we are telling you the top 5 couch mood-boosting activities you can do to revive your spirit.
If you’re like me, once you’re down, the chances of you getting up are slim. So let’s take a look at some easy and quick things we can do to revive ourselves.
- Put on some upbeat music. Nothing lifts a bad mood as fast as hearing Pharrell’s “Happy” blasting through your speakers. Whatever kind of music that lifts you will do!
- Get in touch with your flexible inner child and try out some couch-friendly yoga like a good arm stretch. Move your body. It can boost your mood!
- Laugh and smile. It sounds cliché, but a good chuckle can lift your spirits. Find your funny bone and expose it to as many YouTube videos about cats, babies, cats and babies, babies with cats and dogs, and anything else that will leave you clutching your sides and gasping for air. Try this one: Baby Gives the Evil Eye.
- Let it out. Sometimes it’s as simple as recapping your frustrations to a loved one. Talk it out, and then, let it go! It will be awesome if you do the talking on your cozy and relaxing couch.
- Open up your curtains and windows, let the sunshine in, and count your blessings. Often we are focused on the negatives in our lives. Do not entertain those negativities! Retrain your mind to look for the positives and contemplate all the blessings that come in your life.
More options to make you feel great!
So remember, the next time you’re slumped on your couch, cursing the TV for flooding your screen with reality shows, there are so many other options that you can choose from that will leave you feeling great! You can take a short walk outside with your favorite pet. You can even have a quick chit-chat with your besties over a cup of coffee or tea in a relaxing coffee shop with a great view of nature.
If those activities do not lift your mood, maybe it’s time for you to call us. Or book a massage online to relieve your stress and let us give you the pampering you deserve after a hard day of work.
Brilliant Massage & Skin