Should You Feel Guilty Getting a Massage?
People everywhere, especially women, feel guilty about getting a massage or taking time to look after themselves. It’s OK when it’s a gym session because that’s virtuous and ‘hard work.’ But what if we’re investing our time in an hour or so of being relaxed at the hands of a massage therapist? It’s as if we’re committing a deadly sin by prioritizing our well-being.
Well, we have news for you. Your well-being is important, and self-care is vital to looking after that well-being. Even if you’re a busy parent, worker, or career, you need to take time to do something good for yourself. It is essential because if you are depleted and tired, you’ll have no energy to do anything for others who need you.
You know it makes sense. It makes sense that you should not feel guilty for getting a massage.
Sometimes, other people can make you feel like indulging yourself in a massage is a waste of time when you could be doing something else (usually what they want you to do). We’ve come up with five good reasons you can give to other people if they ever give you a hard time getting your regular massage.
5 Reasons Why You Should Never Feel Guilty Getting a Massage
- A good massage will help relieve muscle tension. Muscle tension can lead to headaches, which puts you in a grouch. Nobody wants a grouchy parent/co-worker, do they? Therefore, tell them you’re going for a massage and that they will thank you for it when you return with a sunny disposition.
- It helps you sleep! If your insomnia is starting to irritate your family – and wake them up too – you better go and book a massage. It is because you don’t want their sleep to suffer along with yours. A massage helps boost serotonin levels (proven to help with sleep). Being tired makes you much less productive at work, too, so a decent massage helps you work smarter.
- Are you suffering from chronic pain? It’s an expensive business. If the cost of your pain meds is starting to mount up, see if getting a massage regularly might help reduce the number of drugs you need to take. Then you’ll be saving money and not using so many drugs, both of which give you an advantage.
- Are you constantly getting colds, coughs, and infections that you pass on to everyone else? Avoid becoming the office pariah for germ spreading, and try massage instead. Deep tissue and Swedish massage have been proven to support the lymphatic system, your body’s defense against illness. Then you should feel guilty if you don’t get a massage.
- They want you to be happy, don’t they? This has to be the #1 reason for a massage because the happier you are, the more other people will benefit from your improved mood and generally relaxed demeanor.
Look after yourself and be relaxed! Book a massage session now!
So – you don’t have to make excuses for calling us or booking your next massage appointment. There’s no need to feel guilty over a massage. Remember, as they say in the commercial, “You’re worth it!” As a famous massage quote says, “Massage is not just a luxury. It’s a way of a healthier, happier life”.
Brilliant Massage & Skin