Cold and flu season is approaching. Viruses and bacteria target unsuspecting people.
To increase your immune system in general to fight those bad creatures or if you already feel like the cold is creeping in this drink will help you fight infections.
My grandmother used to make it to me when I was little to help me heal faster. If you have a sore thought it will soothe it and make it hurt less.
If you can’t stand the garlic, try honey and milk only, however garlic is recommended for it’s wonderful immune boosting and anti bacterial benefits. Use garlic at night when you don’t have to talk to most people, because your breath will smell like garlic!
Milk Remedy Recipe
- 1 glass of warm milk (200ml)
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of butter (unsalted)
Mix all ingredients together.
- Crush garlic about 5 minutes before it is added to milk. A compound called allicin, which is responsible for garlic’s antibacterial properties, needs time to develop. It gets partly stabilized when added to a liquid (milk).
- Milk cannot be hot as it will destroy garlic’s antibacterial and antiviral properties (high heat kills allicin). So, after you dissolved the butter in it wait until the milk becomes close to room temperature before adding the minced garlic to the mixture.
- Drink one glass, right before bedtime; when you feel you’re about to go down with something or you already know you have a cold or flu. Milk will help you sleep better too.