Homemade Lavender Hand Sanitizer
Viruses and germs are not visible to our naked eye. And with all the infectious diseases spreading around, proper and frequent handwashing is a must.
But what if water and anti-bacterial soap are not readily available? The next best option is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Why don’t we try and do it ourselves? So here’s an easy homemade lavender hand sanitizer recipe for us to try.
1 cup of rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup aloe vera gel
10 drops of lavender essential oil
glass measuring cup
spoon or whisk
mason jar or liquid soap dispenser
- Measure the rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel according to ingredients using a liquid measuring glass.
- Pour the rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel into the mixing bowl.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil into the mixture.
- Mix the hand sanitizer mixture thoroughly using a spoon or whisk. Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients easier, especially if you use natural aloe vera since it is thicker than the one bought in stores.
- Pour the hand sanitizer mixture through the funnel into the container.
- Keep tightly close. Label the container to prevent the further accident of ingesting your newly made hand sanitizer.
Tips and Suggestions in Making Your Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Make your sanitizer in a clean space. Sanitize your countertop with a diluted bleach solution if you’re going to work there. And also, don’t forget to wash your hands and all the materials thoroughly before using and sanitize your container.
You can try other essential oil combination that provides a calming and antibacterial effect.
Types of Essential Oil and Its Benefits
The most popular of all essential oils. This subtly floral scent oil can help people relax and sleep. That is why it is prevalent in use for essential oil diffusers. Moreover, breathing a small amount of lavender can help with alleviating headaches. Also, using the oil topically can help reduce itching and swelling from bug bites.
This essential oil does not only smell like a holiday season, but it is also a good disinfectant and antiseptic.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential is also one of the popular oil to use in a diffuser. The peel, to be exact, has more of a bitter and fresh scent. It is also known to have antifungal properties make it best to use for hand sanitizer mixture.
What’s melaleuca? It is commonly known as tea tree oil. It is also typically used as an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral, along with its medicinal scent.
There are a lot more essential oils that we can use in making homemade hand sanitizer. There are a lot more to choose from. But be careful in using these essential oils. Some can be toxic when taken orally. Some can cause allergies. Better do a patch test first before using essential oils on your skin.
Brilliant Massage & Skin