What should you tell your therapist before the beginning of a massage?
- Tell them if you are in any pain at the moment and how severe it is.
- Notify them of any existing medical conditions you have or if you take any medications.
- Inform them of what pressure massage you would like: lighter, medium or deeper and what areas you would like more time spent on or focused to.
- Let them know if you are pregnant or might be.
- Ask them if you have any questions prior to the appointment so it could be addressed. If you are thirsty drink some water, if you need to use a restroom or you feel cold and would like an extra blanket.
How often should you get a massage?
It depends. General rule is once a month for maintenance, could be more often until the client reaches no pain or less pain stage. More often frequency is also recommended if there is more muscle and mental tension than usual. There is no wrong way, even if you come in once a year or once every several months it will be beneficial.
What is a custom massage?
A custom massage is when a therapist asks you about your particular pains, tensions or stress areas and picks the best treatment designed just for you from several massage techniques instead of applying one fits all massage.
How to have a better posture and less back pain?
Be mindful of you posture during work or study time. Stretch and straighten your back out. Stretch your hamstrings and hands, neck, walk around at least once an hour.
Don’ have a comfortable ergonomic office chair? Get It On Ebay
Does Therapist Care How I Look?
No, if you have not shaved your legs, have scars from surgery or injuries or have acne it does not concern us. We are focused on the muscle work and how to best help you.
-Jolita Brilliant, Licensed Massage Therapist in Burlington, Vermont