It is a little similar effect of microdermabrasion, but it is a chemical effect vs mechanical effect/microdermabrasion “sanding”.
There are 3 types of Skin Peels
Superficial or lunchtime peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the out and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration. It also can be used to smooth rough skin and treat some precancerous skin growths, i.e. actinic keratosis.
Deep peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. Patients will see a dramatic improvement in skin appearance. The procedure is used on the face and only can be performed once.
After A Peel
This is the best time to introduce a new skin care regime, because without that barrier of dead cells your products can penetrate the skin more easily allowing them to work for effectively. Products only treat the skin superficially, so giving them a chance to penetrate even deeper will give you a more dramatic results, as well as getting your monies worth!
Also, same as before the treatment you must be VERY cautious of your sun exposure you have even less protection afterwards. And take a break from your exfoliants for a few days after. Your skin has been exfoliated enough already!
We are working with PCA Skin to offer you the highest quality and most effective peels based on your needs.
We use original PCA products for skin care- Physicians Care Alliance, LLC, a global organization serving over 5,000 medical practices in the United States, with products sold in over 70 countries around the globe. In person we can also access and recommend to you any specific PCA products for home care to continue successful skin regimen. We also offer 5% discount for regular customers on products. Any product from the line can be directly drop shipped to your home.
PCA Peel® Hydroquinone Free
Ideal for oily, sensitive skin types, this modified and enhanced Jessner’s solution improves breakout-prone skin and promotes an even skin tone.
- This enhanced Jessner’s solution is ideal for more sensitive skin types, ethnic skin or those allergic to or sensitive to hydroquinone
- This treatment will help to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of breakout-prone skin, while also promoting an even, bright skin tone
PCA Peel® with Hydroquinone
Perfect for normal skin types, this modified and enhanced Jessner’s solution lifts discolorations and clears breakouts for a bright, even complexion.
- This enhanced Jessner’s formula is for those who want an even skin tone and have no sensitivity to hydroquinone
- This peel helps promote an even skin tone and a clear complexion
PCA Peel® with Hydroquinone & Resorcinol
Perfect for resilient skin or those who require a deeper treatment, our most potent modified and enhanced Jessner’s solution improves sun damage and acne.
- The most potent of our enhanced Jessner’s formulas, this peel will help improve the appearance of skin tone and provide exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types
- It is also effective for those who require deeper treatment
Formulated for all skin tones and types, including highly sensitive skin, this gentle TCA blend improves surface texture and fine lines while brightening skin.
- Sensi Peel® is formulated as a unique peeling option for all patients including those with highly sensitive skin
- This gentle 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone
- This multi-faceted and skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option for sensitive skin and higher Fitzpatrick skin types
Pre-Peel Accelerator Mask (Step 1)
Softens and hydrates the stratum corneum and can be used prior to any PCA SKIN professional treatment or in conjunction with some modalities.
Smoothing Body Peel® (Step 2)
Specifically for the thicker skin on the body, this TCA blend smooths, firms and brightens for an overall improvement in skin tone, appearance and texture.
Smoothing Body Peel® Treatment
This set includes the products necessary for a Smoothing Body Peel® treatment.
- Pre-Peel Accelerator Mask (Step 1) provides nourishing ingredients that soften and hydrate the skin’s surface, while Smoothing Body Peel
- (Step 2) improves the appearance and texture of the skin with a combination of exfoliating, smoothing and brightening ingredients.
- This treatment is an excellent choice for promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion on the arms, legs, back, chest, hands and feet
Ultra Peel Forte®
Best for resilient skin, this more active physicians’ use only TCA blend, rejuvenates and evens skin, while improving fine lines and wrinkles.
Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) – is most commonly used as a superficial and medium-depth peeling agent to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.Lactic Acid – is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) naturally found in milk and sugars. It is part of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) and moisturizes the skin. Azelaic Acid – helps promote a clear complexion and even skin tone. Kojic Acid – helps promote and even skin tone.
Ultra Peel® I
Formulated for maturing skin, this TCA blend improves surface texture, including fine lines and wrinkles, and promotes a bright, even skin tone.
- Specially formulated to treat maturing skin, Ultra Peel® I is also appropriate for many other skin types, conditions and sensitivities
- It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion
4% Pure Retinol Peel
- 4% Pure Retinol Peel is indicated for all skin types in need of rejuvenation
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and smooths the skin’s texture
- Patients should expect peeling and/or sheeting for up to a week following their treatment
- Pure Retinol (4%) – It promotes a clear complexion and even skin tone
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract – a skin-calming antioxidant that aids in skin rejuvenation
- Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract – a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radical damage
- Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil – an antioxidant that also aids in delivering other actives within the formula deeper into the skin
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) – an important antioxidant that also provides emollience
Experience gentle exfoliation with no expected visible peeling or downtime with our universal professional peel treatment. Formulated with a blend of exfoliating acids and calming ingredients, this superficial peel removes impurities, detoxifies pores, and helps reduce inflammation post-treatment while boosting the production of collagen to help prevent signs of premature aging. This efficacious peel treatment is suitable for all Fitzpatricks and skin types, especially sensitive skin, and it helps support barrier function and recovery.
Promotes gentle exfoliation with no expected visible peeling*
Reduces sensations and irritation during treatment**
Helps reduce inflammation and minimize the appearance of visible redness post-treatment
Helps smooth skin and boost brightness
Promotes skin renewal and a more even skin tone
Removes impurities and decongests pores
PCA Sensi Peel Demo at Brilliant Massage & Skin | Burlington, VT
Detoxifying Pore Treatment
Discover Detoxifying Pore Treatment, our new professional treatment that provides maximum pore clearing and skin-smoothing benefits.
Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract and Oleanolic Acid – reduce sebocyte proliferation and sebum secretion. Use of this blend leads to a visible tightening of pores and reduction in shine.Ethyl Linoleate and Hexylresorcinol – inhibit the enzyme 5-∂-reductase to reduce oil production and breakouts while also reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Glycolic, Lactic, and Citric Acids – gently boost skin exfoliation with time-release technology.
Activator (Step 1) – As the first step in the Oxygenating Trio®, this blend stimulates circulation, bringing oxygen to the surface of the skin.Detoxifier (Step 2) – This second step in the Oxygenating Trio® aides in the removal of toxins and purifies the skin while providing antioxidant support.Oxygenator (Step 3) – This final step in the Oxygenating Trio® infuses the skin with antioxidants and helps to fight bacteria with powerful topical oxygenators.
- Papaya enzymes, tartaric acid, and lactobionic acid immediately brighten skin, improve texture, and deliver gentle skin-smoothing benefits.
- Resveratrol, grape fruit stem cell extract, grape seed oil, and grape seed extract work synergistically to protect against free radical damage and reduce fine lines.
Retnoid Treatment Booster
Increase exfoliation, restore keratinization and barrier function, while reducing redness and soothing with this retinoid booster for all skin types.