Luxurious Ashiatsu: Deeper Than The Deep Tissue Massage
Best is to feel this massage to know that it is truly the most luxurious and the deepest massage available out there. You are welcome to come try the massage yourself, however if you would like to see how it look here is some helpful videos out here from the adaptors of Ashiatsu massage to the western world. Ashiatsu Deepfeet Bar Therapy involves gliding effleurage fluidity like that of a Swedish and Deep Tissue massage. This continuous compression swirls into rivers of muscles and flows with a smooth soothing touch.
What is Ashiatsu
Ashiatsu: Deeper than Deep Tissue Massage. Ashi (foot) -atsu (pressure) is a deep, painless form of barefoot massage that you will love. A therapist, that is me, is not going to be “walking on you”. The bars on the ceiling are used only to help keep the balance and be able to do more different moves with massaging with feet. Ashiatsu is a massage where massage strokes are performed with feet. The pressure can be applied as deep as necessary, because therapist can engage the whole body to perform the moves unlike only the upper body strength with regular deep tissue massage. Ashiatsu massage can be as relaxing as Swedish and as light and painless if you want it to be. As well t can be more intense in muscle tension relief is that is whats necessary to do during the session.
Are the feet clean?
Yes. If you think about it, after we shower we put our feet into socks and than shoes. We do not touch any door knobs, handles, keyboards, phones etc. Same as hands before and after every massage session a therapist washes the feet again in, so the feet are truly clean to touch your skin.
Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage Benefits
- The feet are more comfortable than pointy elbows and thumbs (it’s not painful).
- The broad surface of the feet enable the client to relax into the strokes. It’s known to induce deep relaxation quickly.
- Gravity enables the pressure to be deeper than with hands-on.
- Ashiatsu increases circulation quickly.
- It’s both luxurious and yet therapeutic at the same time.
- Ashiatsu is especially beneficial as it warms up the larger muscle groups.
- Ashiatsu relieves tight muscles and stress.
- Deep pressure stimulates the body’s self-healing capabilities.
- Less soreness typically results than with deep neuromuscular work.
Contraindications who should not receive Ashiatsu:
- If you are a woman that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- If you’ve had breast implants within nine months
- If you’ve had recent eye procedures/Lasik surgery within 72 hours
- If you have a history of Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders.
- If you are currently going through radiation therapy treatments.
- If you’ve had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks
- If you have phlebitis or cellulitis
- Any Autoimmune Disorders (such as lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc) and Lyme disease
- If you are currently taking any blood thinners, pain killers, or muscle relaxants
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition
- If you have a pacemaker, stint or shunt
- If you’ve had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months
- If you have Osteoporosis
- If you have spondylolithesis
- If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, any neuropathy, or any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness
- If you have been on a plane flight longer than 6 hours within the last 24 hours prior to your massage appointment.
- If you are sick. (If I get sick, then I have to reschedule everyone)
- If you weigh less than 120 pounds (Ashi-Thai and Ashi-Anma are OK for most any weight, but not Ashiatsu.)
- If you do not like deeper pressure massage.
- If you are under 18 years old.
*Exceptions apply to contraindications, some of the contraindicated people might be able to receive a part of Ashiatsu in certain areas. For example shoulder and neck area with a massage therapist being seated instead of standing.
Other Massage Style Options Stay The Same!
You will still have loyalty and referral program available. You will still have all the same options for your massage as before: Deep Tissue hands-on massage, Swedish, Hot Stones and warm Bamboo that relax the muscles with heat and also allow a deeper on hand massage, Sports Therapy and stretching, aromatherapy, pre/post natal, therapeutic relaxing massage… However you will also have the option to experience the most advanced deep tissue massage yet not available widely in our area. There is only 8 Deep Feet Certified instructors in the United States who teach this massage style. I had the pleasure to study in depth classes for Ashiatsu Posterior, Anterior and Sideline of the body with Neil Mcgriff in beautiful little town Clinton, Connecticut.
Licensed Massage Therapist, Vermont, 35 King Street, Vermont.